Volunteer on April 13th in
Honor of Mr. Jefferson’s Birthday
“May I never get too busy in my own affairs that I fail to respond
to the needs of others with kindness and compassion.” – Thomas Jefferson
Join us on April 13, 2020 as we reach out to others. We invite you to share a message of hope, thanks, or kindness with your community, a neighbor, an organization, an essential business, or staff and volunteers working on the front line during this worldwide time of need.
Join UVA alumni, students, parents, and friends in reaching out to the community with words of support. Messages can be in any written format such as chalking, handmade cards, written notes, emails, flyers, or letters, as well as through social media including Facebook posts, Twitter tweets, or Instagram posts, or by phone.
Let us know how you are going to honor UVA’s tradition of service on April 13th and then share your experience with Hoos around the world using #CavaliersCare.
We look forward to the coming months when we can once again come together as a UVA community for in-person Cavalier Care projects. When we do, we will once again:
- Host story reading with local children’s charities
- Volunteer at a local food pantry or soup kitchen
- Support or participate in a 5K
- Write cards/pack boxes for deployed military members
- Clean-up parks, trails, or beaches
- Collect toys/supply/canned food drives at other events, such as holiday parties or athletic events
- Serve dinners at a local hospitality house
- Gleaning (pick food leftover after harvesting, food is donated to local food banks)
- Volunteer at local family fun days
- Write cards/make crafts for seniors/homeless
- Hand out water during a marathon
UVA Clubs extend the University’s tradition of service beyond Grounds through worldwide community service projects with a variety of local organizations. By developing good relationships with area organizations, UVA Clubs build the reputation of the University of Virginia in their communities, and many clubs have developed strong partnerships with organizations to which they return year after year.