Cavaliers Care: Volunteer Service Events
UVA Clubs extend UVA ’s tradition of service beyond Grounds through worldwide community service projects with a variety of local organizations. By developing good relationships with area organizations, clubs build the reputation of the University in their communities, and many clubs have developed strong partnerships with organizations to which they return year after year.
Your Regional Engagement Officer can offer suggestions for projects as well as help you identify enthusiastic alumni, families, and friends to chair and serve as committee members for your club’s Cavaliers Care project. Successful events and photos can be shared on your club website.
Cavs Care Project Ideas:
- Story reading with local children’s charity
- Volunteer at a local food pantry or soup kitchen
- Support or participate in a 5K
- Write cards/pack boxes for deployed military members
- Park, trail, or beach clean-up
- Toy/supply/canned food drives at other events, such as a holiday parties or athletic events
- Dinner service at a local hospitality house
- Gleaning (pick food left over after harvesting, food is donated to local food banks)
- Volunteer at local family fun days
- Write cards/make crafts for seniors/homeless
- Hand out water during a marathon
“May I never get too busy in my own affairs that I fail to respond to the needs of other with kindness and compassion.” –Thomas Jefferson