“For All Wahoos – Past, Present, and To Be”
The University of Virginia’s Office of Engagement established the Student Ambassadors program in 2010 to connect UVA alumni, parents and friends to the University through interactions with current students. The group’s student leaders are responsible for developing and implementing the program in collaboration with the Office of Engagement and UVA Club volunteers. The Student Ambassadors are in a unique role as a link between the University, and its alumni and friends.
Where You Live
Student Ambassadors participate in programming coordinated by University Advancement’s Office of Engagement.
The primary goal of these student volunteers is to serve as a liaison to their hometown UVA Club by:
- Sharing their experience with accepted students through congratulatory calls.
- Greeting incoming students and their parents at Student Send-offs in their home community.
- Visiting with University alumni, parents and friends during UVA Club Winter Socials.
Student Ambassadors promote the University of Virginia and UVA Clubs at key events, including:
- Cavaliers Care projects
- International Student Welcome Dinner
- More than the Score Lecture Series
- Representing the Office of Engagement at various functions on Grounds
- Family Weekend Breakfast and Social
Co-Presidents: Ellie Lambalot & Sarah Lamont
For more information about the Student Ambassadors, please contact:
Elizabeth Muse, Senior Director for Global Engagement & UVA Clubs
The UVA Clubs Student Ambassadors are advised by staff in University Advancement’s Office of Engagement.