Welcome all Emerald City Hoos! We host a variety of events throughout the year in addition to providing outreach to local high schools. Look out for:
- Game watches with rival alumni clubs
- Service projects
- The ever-popular summer family BBQ
Get involved! The best way to begin is to contact a member of our leadership committee and describe your interests.
The UVA Club of Seattle no longer has “members” that pay membership dues. Instead, everyone is a member and the Club’s events will be open to all. For those events for which the Club charges a fee to attend or participate, it will be a single price, rather than one price for non-members and a discounted price for members. Instead of paying a membership fee, the Club will instead be seeking donations from its supporters. This change-over will have one major change – the previous “membership fees” will be replaced by (hopefully) your donations, which will be fully tax-deductible.
• Participate in stimulating social, cultural and educational activities
• Network with fellow Wahoos
• Reconnect with classmates
• Associate with a growing UVA community in Seattle
• Stay apprised of major news from the University and developments in key sectors through our speaker series
The club fund enables the club to:
• Coordinate member events in your area
• Recruit top students from local high schools to attend the University of Virginia, increasing the University’s presence in the community and supporting the tradition of academic excellence.
• Send a local representative to the annual UVA Club leadership conference in Charlottesville so that we can represent local interests in University alumni initiatives and learn best practices from other clubs.
• To make a donation to the club, click on the Support tab above.
- UVA Links
For more information, please contact Mary Beth Smith (ED ’18), Assistant Director in University Advancement's Office of Engagement, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 434-995-8505.