Stay tuned! The next UVA Club of Seattle event is in the works. View recent past events.
Contact us to learn more about volunteering, attending or hosting an event or other ways to engage with local alumni.
Welcome all Emerald City Hoos! We host a variety of events throughout the year in addition to providing outreach to local high schools. Look out for:
- Game watches with rival alumni clubs
- Service projects
- The ever-popular summer family BBQ
Get involved! The best way to begin is to contact a member of our leadership committee and describe your interests.
The UVA Club of Seattle no longer has “members” that pay membership dues. Instead, everyone is a member and the Club’s events will be open to all. For those events for which the Club charges a fee to attend or participate, it will be a single price, rather than one price for non-members and a discounted price for members. Instead of paying a membership fee, the Club will instead be seeking donations from its supporters. This change-over will have one major change – the previous “membership fees” will be replaced by (hopefully) your donations, which will be fully tax-deductible.
• Participate in stimulating social, cultural and educational activities
• Network with fellow Wahoos
• Reconnect with classmates
• Associate with a growing UVA community in Seattle
• Stay apprised of major news from the University and developments in key sectors through our speaker series
The club fund enables the club to:
• Coordinate member events in your area
• Recruit top students from local high schools to attend the University of Virginia, increasing the University’s presence in the community and supporting the tradition of academic excellence.
• Send a local representative to the annual UVA Club leadership conference in Charlottesville so that we can represent local interests in University alumni initiatives and learn best practices from other clubs.
• To make a donation to the club, click on the Support tab above.
The club is entirely volunteer-run by a group of dedicated officers and committee members. If you want to get involved in the Club’s planning efforts, consider joining one of these committees:
Organize social events including happy hours, ACC networking events, and group-viewings of major UVA sporting events. Contact Lisa Oelsner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Organize community service events, cultural events in the area, including museum tours, evenings at the ballet and theater, wine tasting, and cooking classes. Contact Kristin Ogden at email@example.com.
Assist in identifying and recruiting top academic candidates from local high schools. Contact Dawn Dunn at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- UVA Links
For more information, please contact Danny Housier (CLAS ’01), Senior Associate Director for Alumni and Parent Engagement, at email@example.com or 434-825-5588.