Stay tuned! The next UVA Club of Korea event is in the works. View recent past events.
Contact us to learn more about volunteering, attending or hosting an event or other ways to engage with local alumni.
Our club is very active and puts on several events throughout the year with a focus on:
- UVA admissions
- Engagement with current and prospective students
Supported by the Office of Engagement, these volunteer organizations are dedicated to celebrating connections, providing enrichment and continuing the University’s tradition of service.
Admissions and New Student Outreach
- Raise awareness of UVA among prospective students
- Congratulate admitted students
- Celebrate and welcome local UVA students and parents at Student Send-off events
- Make a difference by volunteering with fellow ’Hoos in local community service projects
- Take part in annual service initiative, Cavaliers Care Worldwide
- Participate in UVA Express, welcoming international first-year students into life at the University
Cultural and Educational Programming
- Continue your education with visiting faculty members
- Experience the local flavor of your community with other area Wahoos
Professional Development and Networking
- Forge new professional relationships at networking events
- Expand knowledge of your field at industry expert panels
- Watch UVA and local professional sporting contests with fellow alumni and parents
- Build local networks of alumni and parents in cities around the world by attending signature events, such as bull roasts and holiday parties
The mission of the UVA Club of Korea is to provide resources to build relationship, to connect, and to network among our members and friends.
The UVA Club of Korea benefits its members, the university and the community by:
- Providing fellowship and social opportunities for alumni living in Korea
- Promoting the value of the University of Virginia in Korea
- Offering programs that benefit and inform alumni, current students and prospective students
- Helping the recruiting process of top students to attend the University of Virginia
- Organizing community services programs
- Providing assistance to prospective and current students
The UVA Club of Korea no longer has “members” that pay membership dues. Instead, everyone is a member and the Club’s events will be open to all. For those events for which the Club charges a fee to attend or participate, it will be a single price, rather than one price for non-members and a discounted price for members. Instead of paying a membership fee, the Club will instead be seeking donations from its supporters. This change-over will have one major change – the previous “membership fees” will be replaced by (hopefully) your donations, which will be fully tax-deductible.
For more information, please contact Meggie Lam Chopade, Associate Director for Alumni and Parent Engagement, at email@example.com.