fbpx
virginia.edu
UVA Clubs

Questions From a First Year: Can Anyone Please Teach Me How to Not Panic and Almost Die during Finals? by Debbie Mosley (CLAS ’17)

Breathe In. Breathe Out. Breathe In. Breathe Out.

Finals Week. In the previous months, whenever someone mentioned this week of Hell, I rolled my eyes and shrugged. I figured that I’d just plan ahead and study before the Big Week came. I had my flashcards. I had my colored highlighters. I’d be fine, Hakuna Matata.

Then Finals Week actually arrived. Just looking at my agenda gives me a panic attack. I have 40 pages of writing due within a 5 day period of time. In order to get an A, I have to do the readings for the papers, which totals to roughly 800 pages. Isn’t that around the same length as one of the Harry Potter books? And, let me repeat: these papers are due within a 5 day period of time.  You’re crying for me you say? Thank you, I appreciate it.

Oh, and I also have a Final. On a Saturday.

Alumni – please, please tell me you have some advice or at least funny stories for this desperate First Year, so that I don’t almost panic and die during finals!

Thanks,

Debbie M